Zoni Design Group was originally established in 2003 in Central Florida. We are a family business that value our clients and our community. With nearly 30 years of experience in the building industry, owner and principal designer, Keith Zoni has had a lifelong passion for design and construction. ZDG is a proud member of The American Institute of Building Design (AIBD) elevating Zoni Design Group to a higher level of quality and service. Dedicated to professionalism and to the satisfaction of our clients, we offer the peace of mind knowing that ZDG is fully licensed and insured.
Focused on forward thinking and new advances in construction practices and products, we are able to eliminate waste of materials, money and time for our clients. It is with a positive attitude and attention to our clients, on which we base our business. We want to give you the best design experience possible and prepare plans which will allow for a smooth and efficient building process. These are the elements which set us apart from the rest. At Zoni Design Group, we are committed to designing for timeless beauty, function and value.
Winner of The American Residential Design Award 2018 for Multi-Family Design
After graduating with honors from Erwin Technical College, Keith continued his journey to acquire the fundamentals of building while working as a designer in the truss industry. Becoming proficient in construction principles, management and the elements of value engineering, Keith propelled his career forward working with one of the largest Southeastern home builders as their Architectural Manager.
In 2008, Keith relocated his family to Colorado and worked as a project manager for an architectural firm in Salida. There he managed projects from custom home design to large commercial development and specialty renovations of historic buildings. Since re-establishing our firm in 2015 we've been thrilled to have been involved in designing beautiful custom homes, multi-family dwellings and several exciting commercial projects throughout the area. Keith also enjoys volunteering his time helping other small businesses thrive by serving as Vice President on the Board of Directors for the Salida Chamber of Commerce as well as his association with The Salida Sunrise Rotary. He has also enjoyed his experience as Chairperson for the Colorado Springs Chapter of The American Institute of Building of design (AIBD) and is active in their endeavors in the building design industry.
Keith E. Zoni
Owner & Principal
What Is A Professional Building Designer?
A Building Designer is first and foremost a professional familiar with all facets of the building trade, whose plans and designs represent the particular needs, style and budget of the client. A Building Designer may offer a complete array of professional services to you as the client and may consist of:
• Residential Design, both single and multi-family, and commercial structures as permitted by the architectural statutes of each state.
• Confering with you to ascertain type, size, and ultimate usage of the structure during the initial planning stage.
• Approaching any design problem based on the practical, functional and economical solutions that will best fulfill your requirements, while translating these factors into a concept that is both aesthetic and utilitarian.
• Offering recommendations regarding the site, interior and exterior layout, materials to be used, and architectural and exterior treatments. • Furnishing you preliminary and detailed designs for the proposed structure, ranging from the initial concept to complete working drawings and specifications that will comply with all applicable building codes and regulations.
• When the conceptual designs are accepted by you, the building designer may present a contract detailing the extent of the services to be furnished and outline the related responsibilities, fees, and structural, mechanical and electrical considerations.
• Helping you select contractors and overseeing construction. You may retain a Building Designer to provide all or any part of the planning, design, and construction process as you desire. These services are subject to the policies and services of the individual designer you select.
• When retained to do so, he may assist you by preparing and publishing bid proposals for construction, and may also interpret and explain bid proposals to you with any recommendations.
• As your agent, he may as allowed by some states to conduct on-site inspections or observations of your construction, ensuring that all work meets the recognized standards..